I am an artist and an animator. I play between the things that I find aesthetically pleasing and the things that make me laugh cherry Coke out my nose.

Trip to Martha's Vineyard

This past weekend, one of my friends got married on Martha's Vineyard. It was a lovely ceremony and I was happy to be there and share in her big day. This is what I made for her wedding present:

Scanned
Photographed in its frame, 14 x 8"
It's a toucan fish from one of James C. Christensen's illustrations. I've loved his fantastical illustrations since I was little and read "Voyage of the Basset" over and over. 

On Sunday my boyfriend and I spent the day around the Vineyard (it was our first time there), and we went to the beach and I collected more white rocks. He took a lot of really nice panoramic pictures on his new iPhone 5, which I will post later. 


I kept this one because it looks like wood. And because I'm crazy and collect rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment