I am an artist and an animator. I play between the things that I find aesthetically pleasing and the things that make me laugh cherry Coke out my nose.

Some current glass enameled illustrations


2 feet tall by 1 1/2 feet wide, I think. A foray into mixing colors while handpainting enamel onto plate glass. It's difficult, like trying to paint with mud. This picture doesn't show all the details that well, as it's hard to capture the entire thing on camera. The missing information in this picture are the white birch tree trunks, which I created by dipping a bamboo skewer in the enamel and stamping it onto the glass. Also, the butterflies were originally a purplish color--a mixture of red and blue--but after being fired it went back to just blue. Oh well.


"Hanson Flowers." This one is about 3 feet tall. The Hanson brothers were screenprinted onto the plate glass using a silkscreen, and then I handpainted the flowers and stems. The red enamel is proving very wimpy after firing, as it was originally a very vibrant red and is now more desaturated--a problem with hand-painted on smooth glass.


"Frankie Says Relax." This one makes me happy because it looks exactly like my drawing. I came up with this idea last year during the unnecessary swine flu panic. This was also my first try in handpainting the enamel onto the plate glass, and the messy, streaky look is something I've never done before and was an interesting change.

No comments:

Post a Comment